Aloo Matar Curry Recipe
Aloo Matar Curry Recipe:
Aloo Matar Curry Recipe is an alluring North Indian recipe which is made of potato and green peas and it is easy recipe for making. This recipe is well liked by Indians and they have their own popular version of this recipe. You can serve this dish with roti or rice and relish a hearty meal. To make this dish even more delicious you can add your own twist to this recipe. In fact, if you like the creamy texture of curries then you can add fresh some fresh cream on the top, this will add on to the taste of delicacy. You can serve this simple recipe in lunch and dinner to your loved ones.
Frozen Green Peas
Fresh Tomato Puree
Clarified Butter(Ghee) or Refined oil
Chopped Green Chilies
Chopped Coriander Leaves
Red Chillie Powder
Preperation of Aloo Matar Curry Recipe:
- To start , take a pressure cooker with low flame add oil/butter and add Cumin seeds saute it until it turns golden color, add bay leaf and asafoetida
- Now add Tomato puree and mix well until it bubbles then close the lid and cook it for 5min with a low flame.
- When tomato puree is well cooked then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder, fenugreek powder, garam masala, red chillie powder, Salt to taste and some chopped coriander leaves mix it well.
- Let it cook for 5 min and then add water ona high flame, mix well and wait untill the boil comes after 2 min the boil comes then add fried potatoes and frozen peas mix well.
- Now close the pressure cooker and cook over a medium heat until it blows 2 whistles.
- After 2 whistles switch of the flame and Let the steam come out and then remove the lid.
- Once again give it stir to mix well with a low flame after 5 mins add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Atlast the recipe is ready to serve it with hot Roti or Rice.