Gulab Jamun Recipe
Gulab Jamun Recipe
Gulab Jamun Recipe is very famous and Classic Indian Sweet or Dessert. Gulab Jamun Recipe can be prepared in the festivals like Diwali, Navaratris etc. This recipe can make for a special Ocassions like Birthdays and Anniversarys.
All Purpose Flour
Milk just enough to make the dough.
For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – for frying
How to Make Gulab Jamun Recipe:
- Make the dough by combining the milk powder, Bisquick, butter and pinch of salt mix well.
- Add just enough whole milk to make a dough.Add ghee/oil to the dough.
- The batter should be sticky and also it should be easy to shape a ball and rest for 10min.
- Greece your hands with Ghee and take a small amount of dough and roll into a ball, make sure there should be no cracks.
- Make a smooth ball and palce it on the plate.
- Heat the oil on high flame and then lower the heat to medium.Slip the balls into the hot oil from the side of the pan one by one.
- They will stick to the pan, do not try to move them. Instead of moving gently shake the pan. After 2-3 min the gulab jamuns will raise slowly up if the temperature is just right.
- If the temperature of the oil is too high then the gulab jamun will tend to break. So adjust the flame to ensure that the gulab jamun do not break or cook too quickly.
- When the balls come to golden brown color remove it in a paper napkin and keep a side.
- To make the syrup add 2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of water. Add 4-5 min cardamom pods, Slightly crushed and few strands of kesar (optional). Mix it then heat should be at medium flame for 10 min untill the sugar is all dissolved in water.
- Donot over heat the syrup. Transfer the hot syrup into a bowl then add fried gulab jamuns directly into the syrup.Leave the gulab jamun balls in sugar syrup overnight for the result.
- Serve the soft gulab jamuns and enjoy it.