Malakkaya Pappu which is also know as Drumstick in english. Let us see how can we make a delicious dish with a combination of Mulakkaya and Pappu
Mulakkaya Pappu Ingredients
Mulakkadalu/Mulakkayalu 2(cut each 1 inch)
Onion Pieces 1 Cup
Garlic(vellulli) pieces 1 tea spoon
Green Mirchi 5
Red Mirchi 3
Tamarind(chintapandu) 1 spoon (soak in water)
species(popu dinusulu) 1 tea spoon
Salt, Mirchi Powder, Oil required
turmeric(pasupu) one fourth tea spoon
Curry leaves for garnish
- In Pressure Cooker keep mulakkaya pieces, salt, and pour water till the pieces immerse.
- Allow it for two whistles
- Strain water and keep in a bowl.
- In the same cooker keep daal(kandipappu), onions, turmeric(pasupu), tomato, water and leave it for 3 whistles.
- Next mash daal and prepare it with popu (taalimpu)
- In daal keep boiled mulakkaya pieces, tamarind paste (which is soaked in water, salt).
- Mix all and keep on sim flame for 2 minutes.
- Here is the mulakkaya pappu , you can serve with rice or different varieties of Rotis.
- It takes around 15 to 20 minutes, this is easy to cook