Tomato Curry is a gravy curry and is common Curry for all places of India.
Tomato Curry Recipe:
|Ginger(Allam)||small piece for taste|
|Green Chillies(Mirchi)||7 (for more spicy) / 4(Medium spicy) / 2(low spicy)|
|Bengal Gram||1tsp (for tasty gravy)|
|Black Gram||1 tsp for gravy purpose|
|Fenugreek Seeds||3 to 5|
|Mustard Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp (or less)|
|Red Chilli powder (Red Mirchi Powder)||1/4 tsp|
|Salt||1 1/4 tsp (if required add some more salt)|
|Coriander||1 1/2 Tbsp (Chopped for garnish)|
|Chopped Coriander||1 1/2Tbsps|
Tomato Curry Preparations:
- Take tomato which are washed and cut into small pieces and keep aside.
- Now take Onions and peel them neatly and after washing, chop them finely.
- Peel ginger lightly and wash them cleanly along with green chilies and chop them into fine pieces.Take ginger and green chilli pieces into a mixer jar and grind coarsely and take it in to a plate.
- For this tomato curry, take a pan and heat it lightly and add oil. When oil is hot add fenugreek seeds, black gram and also Bengal gram.
- Stir it, wait for few seconds till the color changes to light brown and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds wait for few seconds till pop sound comes.
- Now add curry leaves and ginger pieces and chilli paste.
- Stir it till the chillies become crisp and now add chopped onions and fry them well till light brown color appears.
- Add turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well for some time and add chopped tomato and salt and stir well
- Leave it for 5 minutes in a medium flame along with covering with lid.
- After 5 minutes add chopped coriander leaves, if the moisture is still exist keep it on flame still more 2 minutes.
- Keep this curry in a bowl and serve with rice or roti.
- Trust that this is really an awesome delicious easy good recipe.
Better red tomatoes to make tomato curry
Red Chili powder along with turmeric powder gives good flavor which is a added benefit for tomato curry
Take firm and red tomatoes to make this curry.
Adjust salt to taste.
For good looking tomato curry, garnish with coriander leaves and curry leaves and green chilies